1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fall Leaf Removal Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NewbieNC, Aug 2, 2006.

1. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

Hey guys...first year in the Business, and Im trying to get all the info I can about Fall Leaf Removal. Im a one man operation, and was wondering what you guys typically charge? 50 Bucks an hour? Does that include bagging it and leaving it? If you take it away what do you charge? And typically how long does it take for a one man show to clear up to 1/2 an acre?

Also...do you only use a blower? Or do you put a bag on your walk-behind and mulch it? Need some serious help. I know its not brain surgery, but I just wanna know what everyone else does, so I can plan for it. Thanks guys!:usflag:
  2. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Hi, also in N.C. (Raleigh) I bought a peco vac for a JD 737 and love it. It dumps from the seat, and all of my customers let me leave them onsite for compost. A typical 3/4 acre yard with a good amount of leaves I charge usually around $200.00. Out of about 10+ bids I only missed out of two yards. It takes about 1.5 hours to finish, and I paid the bagger off with 5 yards. I bought off of ebay for 800.00 hardly used. The bagger comes with a pony motor 6.5 Kohler and attaches in about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

I am also looking into leaf removal this fall. Anyone ever use one of those lawn vacuums? If so how did things work out? Can you just empty the bags into trash bags?
  4. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

Cool! Another Raleigh LCO! So that thing works well it sounds like??
  5. HVC

HVC LawnSite Member

I have seen attachments that fit right over a 55 gal. barrel or 55 gal rubbermaid trash can.