Fall Leaf Removal Rates

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by horizonmowing, Sep 3, 2006.

1. horizonmowing

horizonmowing LawnSite Member

Hi everyone. I was wondering what the heck I should charge for leaf removal and general fall clean-ups. I know this has been talked about before but I have seen rates range from $35 p/hr to $115 p/hr. I have a stihl br blower, a 9hp billygoat blower and a 13hp billy goat debris loader. I will always have at least one other person working with me. For many lawns, I can blow into the woods. This seems to be much more profitable due to the fact that there is no trip to the dump which cost me time and money. I know I will charge per man hr and dump fees when there is removal. It cost me $39 per ton for me to dump leaves. I do realize that my market is one of the richest zip codes in the country, so this must effect my pricing. Also, what about if I do gutters. Should I just keep my normal rate (.70-1.00 p/ft) THANK YOU. PLEASE HELP
    Sorry this is so long!

Also, do you think the equipment I have is good for a two man crew...what about a three? Should I get another push blower?