Fall Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Oct 12, 2003.

1. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good but needs some color

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Does the logo show up orange for you guys?

3. Expert Lawns

The letter is going out to current customers only. I just made a few more changes. I"m gonna post it in a few

4. Expert Lawns

Here is the revised letter. I learned in my business communications class to be precise, to the point, and use details. Does this meet those requirements?

Attached Files:

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

You're just now sending these out? I sent mine with the September statements, had my leaf cleanups from customers scheduled by October.

As far as color and pictures and eye catching stuff, I think it's a waste of time with current customers. I send notices or updates with my statements just about every month, and most of my customers don't read them. When i do my leaf letter, I go get the ugliest orange color and keep the message short, sweet, and in large print. That way they notice the message, get the jest in the first few lines, and I catch their attention.

Your message is short and sweet, which is good. I suggest you print it on orange or yellow paper so they notice it. And make the font bigger.

I know I constantly get junk mail or other advertising with statements, etc, that I don't even read. I can't stand getting all the wasted paper ads in the mail, I hate it. I have tried to get a list of emails from my customers and send notices that way. Saves paper, and people are more likely to read an email than an ad included in their statements or mailed to them seperately.

6. Expert Lawns

Thanks for all your ideas guys. It helped a lot. I made it pretty simple, and I don't have the computer software to put any other pictures on it, like a backround. I don't think it is all that neccessary to get too exquisite.

Attached Files:

7. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

Lawn care is two words, that is why you have the squiggly line underneath it.

8. Expert Lawns

Yea but I hate how it looks as two words

Lawn care

Lawn Care

LawnCare

I think I've written it a million different ways

9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Is dethatching reccommended in the fall I thought this was done in the spring? I could be wrong though.

10. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

I think you'll want to eventually get to the point with your fall cleanups where you tell them what you're going to do unless they tell you to do otherwise. That way you leave the ball in their court and greatly reduce phone calls, etc. We have 170 mowing customers and I'll only hear from 10 or so that want to tell me something, the rest of them let us do our thing.