Fall maintenance

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by bperl, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

yup that is true, I would just try to wait like 3-4 weeks if possible. Which would be perfect right now, becuase then you will be into early to mid septmember which will be perfect seeding time

2. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

My only point (if you wanna call it that) was......no sense looking at brown areas any longer than you have to.

Unless I was going to do two postM apps, I'd just wait.

Nothing wrong with doing it now, though. I've got a few customers I'd LOVE to spray, now. But, they'd just have brown spots until I could over-seed. As it is, now, at least what's there is green!...lol

Good luck to the OP.

3. Nova Green

Nova Green LawnSite Member

Kevin if you like I can come and check out the property. I run my business in Northern Va about half hour away from Ashburn. :waving:

4. Green Scape

Green Scape LawnSite Member

lol This is funny. Most cases why homeowners/consumers hire companies/professionals.....because they do not have the knowledge to do the work themselves or to do the work RIGHT.....I say, hire a pro instead of trying to learn years of lawn experience with one post.....there's alot to know, especially about timing and rates of application, and oh yeah, watering correctly.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have automatic irrigation ? It makes a big difference.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Growing grass is the simplest thing in the world...!!!

Most lcos haven't a clue that living plants do better when they are allowed to live out their [natural[/b] life cycle...

Most lcos learn fert&squirt and call themselves pros...

Most lcos don't know the Mode of Action of the chems they are applying...

Most lcos have never looked at the soil or the roots...

There is a lot to know - about unlearning the unnatural life cycle of your 6 step program... :)

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I would do a soil test first before I did anything

You could put lime down, but you never know, you might actually need sulfur on you lawn instead.

Don't blindly throw stuff at a lawn, if you mess it up then it could take more work to fix it.