Fall Stripess

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

Pretty nice for a rigged up leaf vac. Lawn was spotless 10 mins before :angry:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Nice rig you fixed up their. How have you done with it, any clogging? Seems it may work alright in very dry conditions, but otherwise could get clogged very easily. What HP is that tractor.

Any other pics of the wagon setup, I am curious to see how you fabricated those sides. Good Luck!!!

3. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

It has only clogged once...going thru about 2 feet of leaves blown out of a bed too fast lol. That pic is after a soaking rain...about 2 inches and it broke for about an hour so i got it done.

Tractor is only 18 hp. High lift blades. I had gators over highlifts on first, chopped them up then threw the trailer on and cleaned up. Only emptied once at the end, and it was 3/4 full. Holds about 30-40 cu ft of debris and packs it in like a brick lol.

Ill get pics of the inside of the box. ITs only 2x4s in the corners, plywood screwed into that and a full hinge, so the back door flips up and lays flat ontop while dumping. The top is made out of 1/4 inch screen for ventaltion.

I dont use this for any commercial work, this is just for my house ( work for lco)

I would prefer a cyclone rake, but for 1100 bucks.....

This cost: 52 bucks lumber.
    129 trailer
    140 hose
    --------
    Total: 321$ roughly does the same thing, less than half the price payup

Sure it wont hold up to everyday use, but 5-10 times a year...fine by me :cool2:

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I for one think that setup is pretty dang cool.
    I could pretty easily create the same setup and I considered it once...
    I have the trailer and the mower already too....

But frankly I figured it would just clog up without a blower.
    But it seems I am wrong since you seem to be doing fine without one.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I think the key to no clogging is making sure what you are picking up is already fairly well mulched. Normal sized leaves probably wouldnt make it through, however, finely mulched and very dry leaves may not be a problem.

I have give this a try in one form or another.