fall weed killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chefdrp, Sep 5, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

can anyone tell me a fall weed killer to sell my custumers. I have some 3way. I read someware that we could be treating for dandelions now? alot my lawns have creeping charlie.

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

3 Way should do it, hose sprayer or low volum?

3. chefdrp

hose

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

That hose had better have a back flow device.

I know that if you need to treat extensive areas a pump sprayer is time consuming and a pain. But you should get used to it

5. PhrankW

PhrankW LawnSite Member

I agree Glan. NEVER put any insecticide or herbicide into a hose end sprayer. Read the label. They should only be put into a tank sprayer.

Another good chemical is Confront.

6. chefdrp

im sorry. I dont mean the hose from a house. Just the hose from the tank sprayer. I hate working 16 hr. days.

7. I use Momentum available at Lesco, and I mix in some Lesco sticker.

I mix 1.2 oz/.5 gallon and spray .5 gal/1000 sq./ft.

Works well on dandelion and creeping charlie.

8. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Three Way should work. You may want to try mixing Three Way with Quicksilver. I experimented with this combination a while back and had great control. I treated mostly spurge, thistle, and ground ivy at the time. I will be using it again this fall to determine it's effectiveness, since I've only used it sparingly so far. Quicksilver is a bit pricey but goes a long way.

9. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I use my hose end sprayer for R-up applications on gravel all the time. Label says nothing about using this method. Mind you, my hose end sprayer is attached to my spray rig hose, not a potable water source. However, with a correct backflow device, there should be no problem using a potable water source.

10. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Chefdrp,
    Now is a GREAT time to spray the weeds in your turf.

Now that it is cooler you can use an ESTER formulation like SUPER TRIMEC. I have been using this stuff for Many years and it is still the best in my book. It will get rid of the ground ivy in one application. As far as volume goes it works well as a low volume spray (.5 gal water per 1000Ft2) and just as well at 3 gal per 1000Ft2. At the low volume rate I use .75 oz herbicide per 1000Ft2 And 1.0 oz per 1000Ft2 at anything over 1 gal water per 1000Ft2.
    Hope this helps,

Pete D