fallen by the wayside...FOR NOW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jusmowin, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Well after 11 years in this biz I have to shut it down do to health problems,as I have early stages of Leukemia. Even though Ive known since early Jan of this year it still can be a shocker at times. So it looks like Ill have to set this season out as a few of my friends will take care of my accounts for the year but will give them back when Im better. My family and friends have really been great though this, as have most of my customers. Ill try to stay active on here but sometimes I have to take chemo and other meds that make me pretty weak and tired but will be around as much as I can. Jusmowin

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you have leukemia. If I lived close to you, I would love to help you with your accounts too. A friend of mine had leukemia when we were younger and I know from talking to him, how hard the medicines and chemo can be on your body. Take it easy and don't run yourself down. I'm glad to hear that your friends and customers are caring and understanding. Keep us posted, when you are up to it.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Sounds like you caught it early......do what you have to to get well. The business will be there afterwards....

Take care and God bless you......

D

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I am very sorry to hear about your illness and that you won't be able to work this season. I would highly recommend exploring as many alternative treatment options as you can. There are ways of reversing this illness without highly toxic, expensive treatments which are not getting to the root problem of why you have leukemia. If you eliminate the root cause, there is an extremely high chance that your leukemia will go away.

Our prayers will be with you,
    jtkplc

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Wish u luck & hope u beat it

6. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck and be strong.

7. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

it's nice to have GOOD friends and family, and it sounds like u do. I hope everything works out:angel:

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have been there done that. I know exactly what you are going though. A sense of humor a positive attitude and prayer are all helpful in beating this. Its good that you don't have to worry about the business.

Chemo is a effective tool in treatment of cancer.
    Keep us posted on your progress.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Alternative treatments are a scam.

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I agree.

Experimental if there are no other options or the doctor thinks it might be effective.