1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

False Security On Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ed, try this because it has worked for me. I have 4 3 "X 8" signs on all of my trailers that say the following...." Attention thieves, if we catch you stealing, you will be shot. Any questions?" There's Glock decals on the back window of each truck as well. Nobody has messed with our stuff.
  2. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Then run a cable through the tab in the rack for even additional security.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Me likes...Though I also like the "try it and see what happens"

Isn't it great living in a state where you can actually defend your property?

"if you are found here tonight, you will be found here tomorrow"
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

Did just that. Works great and I found out who got it. They were about 3 blocks up broke down with the hood up. 3 gallons of a premium gas/sugar mixture did the trick. I was by myself and they were waiting for me to go into back yard. Soon as I did they snatched it an ran. It was the next door neighbor to the property I was working for.
  5. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Memphis, TN. If you use trimmer racks that makes the theives mad and they will steal them or parts off them. I have lost gas caps, trimmer heads and gas lines cut. I now lock them in my truck topper with chains. I have no problems as of yet with my mowers I guess because they can not pick up and carry away. Bad people will follow to the good areas and wait for you to be stupid.
  6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I have several charged capacitors on my rack. They are not easily recognizable. If anyone dare touch my stuff, they are going to get a big-time shock. One half amp at 350 volts.
  7. Mtnmn

Mtnmn LawnSite Member

Use diesel fuel, it will stop the gas engine, and is very hard to detect because the the smell of the gas is so strong will take a very sharp mech. to figure out what is going one in the fuel system.
  8. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

Could you tell us how to do that?
  9. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

Lol thats funny, now they can buy a new engine
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am interested in that if you don't want to show it on LS just send me a private note. Since these guys have hit us twice I am going to sit up some type of sting operation.