False Security On Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Jul 22, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

You are right!:usflag:

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Charge and mount one these ( http://highenergycorp.thomasnet-navigator.com/category/ceramic-capacitors ). It's the wire leads coming out of the capacitor that will give a shock. The capacitor can be mounted to the rack with duck tape, but make sure the wire leads are about 1/8" apart from each other and in an area that a thief is likely to touch them. Voila!

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Some company was making a setup that used a diamond plate locker that enclosed the power heads. I can't find them right now. It was a slick set up , but pretty pricey if I remember correctly.:usflag:

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Along with shocking the whizz out of them, fixing a trail cam like those used for hunting inside of the cab of the truck and facing the trailer would be very beneficial to law enforement when they show up, and they might even get a good laugh at the guys face as he's getting the shock.

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to come and watch that!!!
    IDK why you are having problems with those racks. I can leave my rig in the walmart parking lot and come back and everything is there. Its a matter of keeping stuff under padlock. I am using a rack very very similar to yours. Maybe its different in the area I work (80K people) vs. in the city. Only thing i've had stolen was a gas can with a couple of gallons of gas in it...they walked right past 1k worth of handhelds :hammerhead::dizzy::laugh:

6. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Find a better neighborhood to live in. Jeez!

7. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

8. Mtnmn

Mtnmn LawnSite Member

9. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

If you really want to disable an engine just add a lot of water into the gas tank. The engine will not run on water.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Bleach does wonders too lol