1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

False Security On Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Jul 22, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

"I swear judge, it was nailed to my trailer and it tipped over"
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I call BS on that bro.

If a thief stepped on it while in the act of committing a crime on private property, I seriously doubt there's going to be much repercussion from it, especially if the property is posted no trespassing and you make your living from the stuff being stolen. I know from talking with LEA's here that for sure, if someone is doing something illegal that prevents or hinders a pesron to make their living, the law allows more leeway.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I think he's right Ridin' Green, you cannot "lie in wait"
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Maybe so, maybe not, but as long as it isn't visible from the street or harming the environment with leaking chemicals etc, you have no duty to clean up your property (at least here), so you could have tons of crap laying around with nails sticking out of it. Being in the landscaping business, the OP could have easily brought home a bunch of lumber with nails in it that he had simply unloaded next to his trailer at night.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread fellas, so I won't post anymore about it. It was just a suggestion to add to the mix.:)
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  5. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

the neat part about what was suggested, is the criminal will run off and not know what really hit him...f'em...let him bleed, get a $1,000,000 liability policy and let er rip--punji stakes--!

i'd like to rig up some kind of overhead trashcan that has a trip wire and drops a load of trash or paint on him...now that would be worth seeing! :clapping:
  6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Whatever happened to guard dogs and a stakeout. Id love to put a big buffet of gear out there and just wait with the dogs and my NVG's. Hunting the ultimate prey sounds like fun.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

How much fun can you REALLY have hunting something so STUPID?!