False Web Pricing or did I get taken?

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by T.Wells, Sep 18, 2005.

1. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am a homeowner who went to Lesco starting earlier this year to purchase products based on the recommendations here in the forum. Well, I went in on Saturday to buy seed to renovate my lawn on my new construction. I spoke with my landscaper who recommended Teammates Plus which was exactly the product I was considering.

The web price (not contractors price) is listed at $1.58 per pound. While in the store the sales person tells me that the retail price is $2.35 per pound. I questioned the price saying, "That sounds pretty high for 150 pounds." He said that the price is pretty high but that he can sell it to me for $1.85 per pound. I purchased the product and came home to look on-line to double-check the listed price and it reads $1.58 per pound.

Have I been ripped off? I think so.

-T.Wells

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Mr. or Ms. Wells -- I apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact me at your convenience so we can discuss this situation and resolve it.

Thanks,
    Bob West
    Director of Marketing
    216/706-5136
    rwest@lesco.com

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I had a similar situation, Price online was 1.57 for double eagle, When i purchased it at the store it rang up as 2.25. They said i signed up as a consumer, which i did not. They said they fixed it, now when i log in it shows up as 2.27!

4. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

Bob,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I actually just stumbled upon this post and I am sorry that I didn't notice it last September. I must have been too busy watering my new seed. BTW, it came up very nicely.

Your offer is very kind and your products are quite good. With all due respect, this problem is in the past and I am already looking forward my second growing season in my new home. I plan to give your local store another opportunity during this season.

Regards,
    T.Wells

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

are the on line prices quoted to be the "at the store prices"?