1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Famous Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stick9, Jul 26, 2000.

1. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey kids. Just wondering if anyone cuts for anybody famous? For any hockey fans out there, we cut Dave Lewis' house (assistant coach for the Detroit Red Wings). DIXIE CHOPPERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: administrator
  2. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Cool Topic, thanks! Took a cool topic for me to hop back on. Hi again to all of the originals. We installed a lawn ( sod and prep) for ex husker and 49ers fullback and future hall of famer Tom Rathman. Have to toot my horn about any husker. I'm a die hard. He was gone at training camp when we did it, but I knew him from high school anyway. Also did cleanup work for probably one of the richest people in America, Warren Buffet, Omaha( owner of Berkshire-Hathaway shares at $57,000 ). Other than that we do mow and maintain alot of &quot;famous&quot; people in our area i.e. chancellors of universities, presidents of banks but not famous enough for people outside of Nebraska to know. Cool topic though, thanks!
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere,<br>Do you have many accounts in West Omaha?<br>We lived there a couple years and could not believe the growth of upscale homes. You know the grass will grow well in those old corn fields!<br>On another topic... have you done any mass mailing? We would get several post cards from lawn companies with their rates for mowing,fertilization,aeration, and seeding spelled out on the card by square foot.
  4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Warren Buffet is the guy I would want to mow for. He wouldn't even have to pay me, just give stock tips. He's no longer the richest man in the US but being second or third isn't too bad.
  5. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

We do alot of the &quot;well-known &quot; homes in this area. Nobody outside of Michigan would know of them, except maybe one of the Harlem Globetrotters
  6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

We maintain The Texas Angler aka:Keith Warren's home year round. He has a hunting and fishing show on (FOX Sports Southwest)Sunday mornings around 9am. Sometimes they film commercials and such in the backyard. My guys get a kick out of seeing the lawn they mow or the flower beds they planted on TV.The fishing pertains mainly to Texas even though he hunts all over the world. His twin brother Allen also has a fishing show called the Chevy sportsman. They both started on Fishing Texas together which is now hosted by<br>Reid Ryan who is ex baseball's pitching great Nolan Ryan's son.
  7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut Paul Tibbet's lawn (the pilot of the Enola Gay). The man who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima in WWII.<p>Victor
  8. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I used to mow Tony Jones Yard when I was with a Different Lawn Care Biz. For those of you who don't know who Tony Jones is, He was an offensive lineman with the Cleveland Browns. Last I heard he was with the Broncos when they won their 2 super bowls. Not real famous but some of you may know him if you watch a lot of football. One thing I remember is he had 2 huge Rottwiellers and they left some nasty land mines.
  9. Alan

Alan Member

I used to mow for a guy named Schneider. His son played hockey for Toronto (I think that was the one). Anyhow the old man stiffed me a BIG chunk of money, loudmouthed, big city immigrant!
  10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

We don't mow for anyone famous, at least if they are I don't know it.<p>Victor, that's pretty famous. I guess you would feel strange asking for his autograph because of what makes him famous, but cool anyway.