famous people

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Jun 6, 2001.

1. hey guys. i remember there being a thread here a few months ago about who is the most famous person you work for? well here goes. i am not sure who it is, barry shwarz, or calvin klien. barry is CK's silent partner from what i hear. guy owns a big horse farm over here. 971? acres or something like that. they breed thoroughbreed race horses that i am sure have been down to the tracks and what not. they got guards and everything there. well here goes. i was driving by tonight on my way to the deli i keep my stuff at down the road from there. well i noticed a lot of dead trees there. the guys from that place always go into my deli. the owners were there tonight, so i made a deal with them. i will cut their lawns for free if they get me that account for the tree work. their lawns are worth about 60 bucks each. and seeing as how i get to keep my stuff there for free, it shouldnt be a big deal anyways. so we parted company for the night and they told me that they would do some talking. this is a good account. pretty much 1000 acres. with lots and lots of dead trees. high profile account as well. so i hope that it all goes well. wish me luck guys. thanx
  2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck sounds like a nice account
  3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

GOOD LUCK!!! I have a couple of accounts that are of "high profile" people. I also do some other work, besides mowing grass, for some "high profile" or famous people and it seems about 75% of the time they are TIGHT WADES!!! Anyway hope that is not the case for you. Keep tha fingers crossed:D
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I know a guy that did some tree work for some basketball player that owns a house here, charged him about $600 and he complained that it was too much. He did something for a wrestler once, and when he was done he went to the door to get the check and the wrestler opened the door and screamed what the f&%$ do you want. He was only kidding. you may be able to tell that i dont follow wrestling or basketball.
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have James Brown here in Augusta, but I have no idea who does his place. I don't even know where his place is.:p
  6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

7. over here it is not a lot of celebrities, like a dime a dozen. but we do have a good amount of them. paul shaefer is a member of my synagogue, um, david letterman lives 20 minutes from here, glenn close, chevy chase, mariah carey, vanessa williams is over here, her father teaches music at a local school. so there are lots of these guys over here. tons of money. but you are right, they dont wanna pay usually.
  8. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Just about the single most expensive part of being a home owner is the yard, flowerbeds and mowing. More money you got bigger the "pad". Bigger the pad bigger the yard. Bigger the yard bigger the expense. I guess they do not think about this when they buy a house. All they seem interested in is the beauty of the house and not the ugly check book balance at the end of every month from lawn maintainance. This go's even for the average "Joe" that decides to buy a house on the largest lot he can find with the most flowerbeds possible. Oh well life goes on. :D
  9. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Unless things hit a snag Im supposed to pick up Ray Everham's race shop next week. The guy doing it is way to busy and want's to re-do his route. Its really to big for me but I have the time and the money is good. So if the people at Everhams agree Im going to finish out the contract.
  10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

glad you got EVERHAMS place but unless i miss my
    guess ,the tolerances will be real close .
    a total professional it will have to be right.
    i envy you a little. if it was mine id make his place
    look as good as his cars. good luck.later