Fan on ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Before you know it we'll be mowing all day long in the hot humid summer days. I have a few accounts where we're on the mowers 5 hours straight. It really drains you after doing a few of those. I started thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we had some type of fan setup on our ZTR's blowing air in our face to cool us off?! That would be nice! Does anyone have any good ideas on how I could make this a reality?

2. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Even better would be enclosed cabs with air conditioning, just like back hoes. Could you imagine mowing in an enclosed z cab with ac?LOL

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. ztrguy

from NE FL

I would definately buy an enclosed cab with a/c. After mowing all day ... 5 days a week it would make a huge difference. It looks like that fan would blow me off the mower! I would use it if I could find a way to correctly hook it up.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have never found a use for fan's heck i guess running a scag all day with the speed of the mower keeps us cool. WHOO RAHH

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

All you need is a inline fuse rated for the fan and 2 round/eye terminals. Then just connect it directly to the battery. Fan 30 bucks, parts 3 bucks, keeping cool in the summer... Priceless!:cool2:

7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Or just attach a roof on your ROPS if you have one. I think that a fan would look kind of silly:laugh:

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

My competition would laugh there @ss off at me they would call me a rookie.

9. ztrguy

from NE FL

I could care less what anyone thinks. If it helps me and makes my day easier then maybe I should be the one laughing at the others that aren't using it. Thanks for the tip RichardMartin!

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

At the Expo in Kentucky Toro had some type of fan you put on your roll bars that blows on you...did anyone else notice that?