1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Farmer tan!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Alright, who's got a good farmer tan kicking? I got a good picture of my legs and my perminint socks!

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thats nasty..
  3. kc2006

You secretly love it...
  4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I thought a farmers tan was having your arms, face and neck tan, but the rest of your body lilly white (like mine,lol). I have never seen a farmer wear shorts while working.
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm trying to avoid the t-shirt farmers tan this year by wearing a tank top more often but its not helping.

My legs are perma white, I never wear shorts. This is a picture of me from '02 the first year I got into the green biz...Made the mistake of taking my shirt off:

6. kc2006

I can't do pants. Never used to wear pants even in the winter but I finally own one pair of jeans. I'd die if I wore jeans while working.

If I take a picture of me with my shirt off you wouldnt be able to tell because I'm still wearing a sweater underneith.
  7. Groundskeepers Services

Groundskeepers Services LawnSite Member

I have a name for that "permasocks". Mine are so bad they dont even go away in the winter. I've been trying to wear pants as much as possible this year to avoid it, however they wont go away. Im starting to consitter going to the tanner for just my legs.
  8. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I thought they called that a redneck tan!?

9. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Now all the questions are getting stirred up inside my head- kc: that's disgusting, the whole thing. Keep on keepin' it real :walking: .

As a matter of fact I took a really hot pic of my foot the other day. You know, just like everyone does when they've got a little time on their hands.:rolleyes:

Anyways, you'll notice my cute "permasocks" along with a fashion trend that you'll soon see in the Sac's 5th Avenue Late-Summer catalog.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i got a nasty permanent farmers tan on my arms, i guess i could wear tank tops more and get rid of it, but, i don't! i do stay tan all year though, which is nice