1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Farmers Almanac prediction

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liberty Lawncare, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The Farmers Almanac predicts "wet and wild winter".
    I believe it alot of maples are starting to change here. This is waayyy early. Usualy the early changers dont start till mid September. The early changers started 2 weeks ago this year. We had more rain than usual so it is not drought causing early leaf drop.
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been noticing that in Michigan as well with the maples changing.Almanac is staing heavy snow for Michigan,seems they say that every year...
  3. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Same here in Alabama. We did have a quick cold front come through a couple of weeks ago - I think the high was like 85, instead of 95. But, I did not think that should cause the changes so early. Weird...
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

They say harsher for the northern and western states, but milder for us southerners.
  5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Id believe that without reading the farmer's alm. This summer never really warmed up. I can count the number of hot days on a single hand here in MI. Just my predict as well, but I'm expecting a bad winter.
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW:D
  7. fordsrule

fordsrule LawnSite Member

i aagree with dcondon let it snow
  8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Yes indeed!!! Let it SNOW!!!
  9. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

Snow?? What's that?

Just kidding. I get to see a light snow every couple of years or so. No winter money shoveling down here. It melts in a day or 2.

When I moved from Houston to south Arkansas we had a "bad" ice storm. The county road crew consisted of 2 guys in a 1-T truck. One was driving and the other was pushing sand onto the road with a shovel as the drove by. LOL.
  10. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

What are they saying for us in the midwest?