Farmers Almanac

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 16, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, how accurate have you guys found the Farmers Almanac to be? If it's right, looks like the next time I'm gonna see snow is going to be next season. Time to start doing the snow dance again... [​IMG]

-Tim

P.S. In case you were wondering, you can go to http://www.farmersalmanac.com

2. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

SlimJim Z71, not sure but thank's for the link!

3. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

SlimJimZ71, your snow dance is working up here in Canada! (My post "It's not over yet"!) And according to the Almanac, Feb 16-19 calls for stormy weather. Makes you wonder...

1975 GMC C-35

PS - thank you for the link

4. SlimJim Z71

It's calling for stormy weather here the 16th-19th too... BUT, Intellicast is only calling for a 50% chance of snow on Sunday night, and then either snow or rain on Monday. Almanac, shalmanac. I'm goin to bed.

-Tim

5. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

I was blowing a little snow here this morning but none really stuck... I wish I had the salter this year though since I would have gotten my run in this morning and made a little $$.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

7. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the snow dance was working when I posted last night. But then SlimJimZ71 went to bed, and when I got up this morning there wasn't enough accumulation to justify plowing! The wind was up all night though, it must have carried the snow somewhere. Erie Pa maybe?

1975 GMC C-35

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope... went south of us. Just a dusting here. Still enough to salt, but no plowing this morning.

9. SlimJim Z71

I read in the paper today that they're re-naming Erie, PA to John Allin, PA. Really!!! LOL By the way, I've got this bridge...

-Tim