Farris 1500Z Good? Bad? Anyone know?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ccondie, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

Hello Iam looking to purchase a Ferris 1500Z 52" 25hp kaw. I have only been looking in to a few and i found that i could get the best deal on this one at this time. Does anyone know anything about these? Any information would be great. I cant really make up my mind and was looking for a couple opinions. Thanks
    Chris

2. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Great machine, I have the 48/21. Very nice ride. I got a very good deal on mine it was sitting in showroom for a year. I got it for $4800 so $5300 w/ tax. No hours. I only about 100 hours on the machine. The only problems i had with it is with the ingtion. Under warranty so its fine for me.

3. dignan

dignan LawnSite Member

I currently have a 36 inch hydro walk behind and looking into getting a zero turn. I have looked at Snapperand Scag. Was Ferris your first zero turn? If not what did you have before and how does Ferris stack up to it? I am just trying to get feedback from anyone who can attest to Ferris being better, worse i.e. dependability, durability and overall low down time? I am also curious about the acreage per hour that Ferris boasts of. Does it really do what it says it does? What kind of acreage per hour am I looking at in an open field?

4. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

u will be very surprised at what ztrs are capable of.

5. Jasonn B

Jasonn B LawnSite Member
    from USA

Did you get this machine?

There is one for sale used here for $5,500 with 220 hours on it, a 2006. Is this a good deal?