Fas Trak Mulching Kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bcalvary, Jul 7, 2006.

1. bcalvary

bcalvary LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried to safely and economically block the discharge chute of a Fas Trak 44” to increase the mulching ability? I am now using gator blades. The mulching kit is approx $80, didn’t want to spend that much, any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Bob from Florida

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The mulch kit is the only way to do it right, you will get clumping if you don't use the full mulch kit with mulch blades.
    Use the full mulching kit and wavy mulching blades.
    Here is the information you need.
    Kit, 44" Mulch, FasTrak / Hustler Mini Z / Super Mini Z Part # 102632 MSRP $120.00 (with serial # 05050980 or after/ larger opening) includes mulch blades

Pj

3. trucke

trucke LawnSite Member

The mulch kit is the way to go for what you want. I use it in the fall for leaf mulching. I have a 20/52" Fastrak. The mulch kit has baffles to isolate all 3 blades. If you just block your discharge chute you'll have one big clumping mess on that side.

4. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I have 44" fastack. The mulching kit works very well. It is well worth the money. Just make sure when you pick up the mulching blades. Get them sharpen. The factory edge really doest work well.

I wanted to try the gators but I have been told by many people they dont work well when mulching.

Mike