Fast, fast, fast, fast!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Sep 25, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Today when arriving at my third aeration job I noticed a white Pontiac Bonniville sitting across the street. Laying beside the trunk on the ground was 2 1-gallon spray tanks, a trimmer, and other lawn tools. A man waas mowing with a 21" mower and his wife was spraying "something" on the grass. Wonder if they were licensed?

I hopped on the 52" Chariot and mowed, then trimmed, edged, aerated, overseeded, fertilized, and was blowing of the drive when he was putting his mower in the trunk.

Thank God for productive, reliable machines! :)

Ray

2. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I spotted a subaru sw down my road with a mower ,trimmer and plastic bags stuffed with clippings. I should feel guilty for driving around in my truck with all the room in the world in it and no clippings.

3. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

at least he he senc enough to have a full size car

4. nysnowman

nysnowman LawnSite Member

Dont you just love fly by nights.

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe his new '01 Stroker was in the shop for service and he was unable to pull his 32' cargo trailer full of eXmarks. His dedication to the industry made him get his wife out and help him to satisfy customers needs of a nice lawn.

6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I was on vacation last week at my old hometown, Elmira, NY. One of the afternoons while i was there, i drove down the hardware store to pick up some supplies to do some painting at my Grandmother's house. One the way there, i came up on this guy riding a bicycle. Behind his bike was a beat up old 20" Murray pushmower. He had a rope tied to the handlebar of the mower, and the other end was tied to the little rack on the back of his bike. The rope was every bit of 4 feet long, so he had a ton of slack in it. When he came to a stop, the mower would crash into the back tire on his bike. Seeing this reminded me of a pic someone posted in here recently of a boy pulling equipment behind his bike. I'll have to admit, that boy's rig was sure a lot better than what this guy had. I got quite a chuckle out of this one.

Tim

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

[​IMG]

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

that guy on the bike is sure carrying a lot of gas for a push mower! I dont carry that much for the ole lesco!

GEO

9. Kirby wrote:

>Wonder if they were licensed?

In PA you need to display a "BU" to identify yourself.

I am going to carry my digital camera with me so I can take pics of the offending scrubs and forward them via e-mail to
    the dept of ag. These scrubs are like a cancer you need to keep them out of your service area.

Kirby wrote also:

>Thank God for productive, reliable machines!

God does not make productive reliable machines TORO does!!

Speaking of productivity my two 52" Toro’s have the left side of the deck offset by 14 inches. This is great for sucking the mulch out of the beds and driving around in circles which is the essence of residential mowing.

BTW Kirby does your mower have an offset deck?

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Geo, I think that is for weight to hold down the back of the trailer to keep it from bouncing. Paul, the one that took the picture said this guy looked like he was in his thirty's, so he isn't a young kid.