1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fast Food bid??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by allphases, Sep 28, 2005.

1. allphases

allphases LawnSite Member

We are bidding about 30 fast-food stores spread out through the metro area. I want to bid the job w/all factors in mind so we don't get in and find out its not worth our time. It will be more driving than mowing, so fuel will be the key...I think.

*What is a legit fuel price per mile?
    *What other factors should we consider before commiting to this job?
  2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

fuel pricing is based on the vehicle that you use, the route you take(highway or city driving) etc. etc. The IRS sets a reimbursement #, but I wouldn't base a bid off that.

Other factors...relation to other accounts you do, TRASH, parking at the site, your equipment match to the job and you get the idea
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

And the pain in the rear policies that they want all their restaurants done on the same day or real close. Basically, they have you running all over the county on one day. This is why these places aren't even CLOSE to being worth it. By the time you drive over, drop your trailer, do the place, pack up and get out of there, you've made about enough to go in and get yourself a hamburger.
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Think of the free food.....:)

I actually did several Perkins rest. but they did not recquire that they were all done ont he same day, just all done each week as needed. They would get a visit every week at least for trash pickup, parking lot blowdown, irrigation check, mow ect. if I did not mow I always did something.....So long as you bid for it and spell it out in the bid that you would visit once a week to perform some type of service....