1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fast Track advice

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Inman's lawn care, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Inman's lawn care

Inman's lawn care LawnSite Member

I have been to my local Hustler dealer. They are telling me to get the Fast Track for what I am needing. :dizzy:

I have have 10 residential yards. Averaging 1/2 acre each or less.:blob3:

I also do some government ground (camp grounds) 5 acres and 4 cemeteries each about 5-7 acres each. :)

I was wondering if I am getting the correct advice on the Fast Track Mower with an 20 Hp Kohler, 52" deck. :dizzy:

Or should I be looking at a Super Z??????:cool2:

I would like some reliable advice on this please.
    I am in the hunt for a new mower for next season and 1)Hustler & 2)Ex-Mark
    Have got my attention.

Price is not always an issue it's the service after the sale that also makes me want to buy. So both of these local dealers and good service departments.

Inman's Lawn Care.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

From what I see your cutting I would not get the FasTrak, you are mowing to much grass.
    I would be looking at the Mini Z 52" at a minimum and maybe a 60", 66" or 72" Super Z at the max.
    How much trim work will you be doing? between the residentials, the cemeteries and the campgrounds, sounds like you really could be trimming around a lot of obstacles.
    The Super Z's are going to get the job done faster due to the higher ground speed.
    How tight are the areas your working in? this will dictate what size deck you can go with.

3. Inman's lawn care

Hustler Z
    52" Side Discharge Deck
    60" Side Discharge Deck
    72" Side Discharge Deck
    23 hp Kawasaki a/c gas
    25 hp Kawasaki a/c gas
    24 hp Honda a/c gas
    27 hp Kohler a/c gas

Whats the price ranges on these ZTR Mowers?

I have a lot of trimming in the cemeteries & Camp Grounds it's not that much of a concern for me right now.

I like the sound of the Hustler Z 52" Side Discharge Deck,with ethier of these motors 25 hp Kawasaki a/c gas, 24 hp Honda a/c gas, 27 hp Kohler a/c gas.

Please help with pricing, I know it may very.

Inman's Lawn Care
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am working on the Hustler Turf Equipment price thread located at the top of this forum.
    Here is a link to it > http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=124640
    I will have the pricing on there you are looking for later today / tonight.
    All of the pricing is MSRP and you will need to check with your dealer for your best price.

5. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

Go with the Min Z. You will need to commercial grade with the type and amount of grass you will be cutting.

6. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

For what you have, the decision is between a 60" super Z or a 52" Super Mini Z.The way to make this decision is to measure the distance between obstacles (grave markers, trees, etc...). If you can get a 60" where you need to go, then theres your answer.
    By the way get the biggest engine you can, your never sorry you have the extra hp.
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yea, you need a super Z or super mini Z to do that. There's no way a Fastrac will hold up to all that mowing.
  8. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

I will be purchasing a Hustler around X-mas for myself. I mow 9 residential yards and 2 cemeteries. Due to the size of the yards and the akwardness of the old cemteries I can really only be productive with a 44" deck. I am looking into a mini Z or Super Mini Z with Kawasaki power and 44" cut. I agree, you are doing wayyy to much mowing to go with a homeowner unit even thought Hustler's homeowner mowers look and are alot stronger than others, I would definitly go commercial grade with all that green you have to cover.
  9. Inman's lawn care

I measured the distance between obstacles (grave markers, trees, etc...) and the best would be the 52" Deck. This would also cut down on some of my trimming not much but a little is better then none, as we all know trimming is a pain in the back.

I was thinking about a push trimmer. Hustler make anything like this cause I was wondering if one of those DR Trimmers could handle the work load. I would most likely want something alot more commercial grade if possible.:D

By the way thanks for the advice

Inman's Lawn Care
  10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

That Kohler Engine is a single-cylinder engine, not meant for commercial use. Buy the MiniZ or Super MiniZ.

Small frame, commercial unit, light weight, yet powerful, fast and very reponsive steering. You'll thank yourself!