faster echo warm up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigbear, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bigbear

bigbear LawnSite Member

My helper figured out the other day when it was cold that if you flip the echo trimmers upside down after start up and blip the throttle that they warm up super quick, Thought maybe you guys might like to know. I love my echo trimmers but hate the warm up time in early spring fall mornings.

2. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, that does speed up the process. Our trimmers, even if left unstarted for more than 10 minutes or so, take about a half minute to warm up. We use the 260 series. I am quessing that the carburetors echo has been using for the last few years have changed. All the older echo trimmers we use to use never had that problem.

3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

What I do is I start it and hold the throttle 1/2 way while I flip the choke lever back and forth about 5 times. Seems to run fine in about 15 seconds.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

One thing I learned to do is load the Wb in the trailer and let that idle so it cools down, but right away I grab the trimmer and get that going... Once I get it warmed up and going half way then I shut the Wb off and go on trimming, voila.

Worst part is remembering to shut the mower off :laugh:
    Kinda embarrassing when I get back from triming and there it is still running, but after time it gets better.

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

That's because they use Zama carbs instead of Walbro. My dad works at Walbro and they are truely better. The used to use Walbro, but like most things, an American company couldn't compete with a foreign company.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think it has more to do with the fact that they have to set them lean so they pass epa.

7. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Worse piece of equipment I have ever owned. Bought it new and it has been in the shop 4 or 5 times for hard starting. The dealer always says it is my fault, i.e. wrong fuel/oil mix, or bad fuel, or water in fuel. Interesting to note 4 other pieces of Stihl hand helds start on first or second pull with the same fuel. Waiting for the trimmer to always warm up is ridiculous. No echo equipment for me ever again

8. bigbear

bigbear LawnSite Member

stop bad mouthin its amazing to me how many people bad mouth other stuff than recoomending what they have it was a tip for echo owners if you don't have one then shut your mouth your not adding anything positive to the thread

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i currently have 95% echo and will never own any more echo products after i replace them with shindy or stihl.

10. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Just stating the facts, just the facts. If you don't like it don't read it. Maybe what I said was a tip for someone.