fastest crew in east coast

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by italianstallion69, Sep 30, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

LCO's really strive to be the FASTEST......:hammerhead:

I would think we would focus on quality over speed. I know I do. when you focus on speed quality goes down.

I'd rather turn out 6 quality yards a day than 12 mediocre yards a day that's for sure.

2. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

If the wall was built right this would not have happened, your joints look like crap. Ive built walls during 5 day rains and they are fine. Grid is cheap insurance! Worry about being the best, not the fastest...

3. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you on this. I'm trying to decipher what went wrong. I'm thinking not enough base material and/or compacted enough. Or no fabric behind the wall, or they didn't backfill with class 5?

4. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

agreed!.........

5. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Bad base subsoils + inadequate base material I would say.... and that fix doesn't really seem like a fix to me. I'm guessing it will happen again. To make a tiny wall like that drop that much? There isn't a ton of weight there.

Not really a modular wall guy but our modular 'crew' of two guys can hammer out a 1000sq ft wall in 2 10 hour days, especially on a commercial setting. It's all about setup.

Geo-grid is cheap insurance as is reaching proper compaction. It doesn't take that long and is cheaper than having to go back and fix something properly.