Fastest Fastrak on Earth!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Ringo7, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Ringo7

Ringo7 LawnSite Member

After I ordered my new Fastrak 20/52, I immediately made some simple modifications that cut my work time down to a minutes instead of hours.

There is no Mower or Tractor on Earth that will even come close to the speed of this modified Fastrak.

Here are some images of my customized Fastrak and the improvements I made...
    Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic5
    Pic6
    Pic7

Let me know if you want the plans! :blob3:

John

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sweet! I like it!
    [​IMG]

3. Ringo7

Ringo7 LawnSite Member

Glad you like it!
    Actually, the dealer is delivering my Fastrak 20/52 on Friday (can't wait!). Just killing time with the 3D modeling while I wait... ;)

Going to animate this thing book'n accross the landscape next!

John

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

That would be nice.
    Do you do design or engineering? what software did you use to do this?

Pj

5. Ringo7

Ringo7 LawnSite Member

I actually contribute to both. If you don't mind a brief job description...?
    I work for Applica Consumer Products. We own the Black&Decker household products division. We design, build and package all the household appliances (wish we had the tools division too!!) :p

Anyway, I'm the guy the engineers, marketing/sales guys come to when they want to demo a new product, concept (or prototype) out in 3D. When we're about to bring a new product to the market, I'll build a 3D model from either the specs provided by the engineers or even a few simple images or drawings of the prototype. Then I build a 3D demo on how it works or even a full product Multimedia CD containing the 3D model shots, animations, PDF sell sheets, commercials, how-to's, etc.. These are then handed out at trade shows, given to Walmart, Proctor & Gamble, Lowes and other clients. The clients usually freak over this stuff. Especially the multimedia cd (it's basically a business card on steroids).

The software I use to build 3D models and animation is Blender3D (a free, opensource modeling/animation package). The multimedia CD's are a combination of a few different applications and contribute greatly to getting the products on the shelves. I have a handful of samples on my web site as well if you wish to take a peek. The url is in my Profile here.

For freelance work, I'm building a website now for large AC company and they want a 3D product models online to their clients as well. It's a very cool profession cuz you never do the same thing twice.

Sorry to get long-winded up there. I have a lot of fun doing this kind of stuff but it's going to take the back seat to my new Fastrak! :blob3:

John

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You have to love that job, sounds real fun.
    Post anything you have when your done.

Pj

7. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

Where are the wheelie bars? Safety first!

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are there, look at the lowest part of the back of the machine.

Pj

9. Ringo7

Ringo7 LawnSite Member

Here is a fix for the image links I previously posted above:
    Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic5
    Pic6
    Pic7

Sorry about that...

John

10. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

It always amazes me when I read these posts, the number of incredibly talented people on lawnsite. Nice mower. Have you ever messed with modeling someones landscape?