Fastest way to distribute flyers/doorhangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rookie03, Mar 17, 2004.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

We've tried it all. Walk down the street distributing doorhangers and flyers. That takes forever. How about jogging down the street passing them out? That makes you tired. Ever tried riding a bicycle to pass them out? Seems faster, but you're still tired if you do it all day long for a couple of days. How about a scooter? I have to say it's the best thing I've ever done as far as advertising. I thought I would share it with everyone. It all started out as a joke. A friend said hey you should pass out flyers on that thing. I went out and bought two new scooters. I went ahead and did it and I'm taking her out to eat this weekend. I passed out around 10,000 doorhangers, with the help of another person on the other scooter, in less than a week. I had 50 calls in one week. And I actually had fun passing out all those flyers b/c I wasn't tired at all. Of course the houses are right beside each other around here so it was easy. It wouldn't work for everyone, but if you live in a big city with houses close together it's great! Easy to get in and out of the driveways or drive on the sidewalks. Plus, I get 60 mpg on this scooter!!!

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Advertise in the yellow pages, it beats buying scooters.

3. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

lol so everytime u got to walk up steps u jumped off the scooter? how long did it take you to hand out 10,000 also

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess less than a week.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's a good idea. Maybe because I thought of it, too. I'm not doing it, but it would be a good deal. A month in the newspaper, three lines, is 112 bucks. A scooter could be had for a couple hundred, and in my opinion flyers work better than ads. How much is a yellow page ad?
    Crawdad

6. ive found the best way is to get my neices and nephews off their lazy asses and help me

7. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Good Idea!!! How much did you pay for the scooters?

8. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

Around here I sometimes see the local youths rollerblading and delivering flyers. If their paid per flyer, it probably doubles or triples their pay.

9. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Yellow Pages doesn't work over here. There are over 100 other ads to look at in the yellow pages. All work we get is through flyers/doorhangers. And next would be word of mouth from those ppl who saw our flyer/doorhanger. Cost way less than yellow pages.

Most of the time we just drove the scooter right up the driveway to the door. You don't have to wear a helmet on the scooter. And getting on and off a scooter is easy. It's not like getting on and off a motorcycle. It's easier than getting on and off a bicycle. We would just hop off put the door hanger on the door and get back on the scooter. Took about 5 secs. Then another 5 secs to turn around on the scooter and head off to the next house. We delivered all of them in less than a week.

Oh and the newspaper ads....might as well forget about them too. Just like the yellow pages. Tons of ads to look through. Both yellow pages and newspaper ads are wasted money in this area. I suppose it would work good in those smaller towns though.

The scooters were $1899 each brand new. I bought them and we can take them where ever we go. Whenever we go camping or down south when we go to the gulf we always rent scooters down there.....not anymore. We got both scooters for $2300. We didn't buy them just for the purpose of advertising. We had other uses for the scooters in mind as well.

10. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Paper box to paper box. 500 in 2 hours.