Fastest way to Prune and clean Debris from Shrub Trimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Fastest way to Prune and clean Debris from Shrub Trimming
    I have pulled up to jobs I needed to bid on some had 10 shrubs and others had 230 mature 4x4 boxwoods with freshly applied cedar mulch or lava rock, on the left there is open pool , on the right hot tub, around shrubs there is 1000 sqft of ground cover. Anyways this is not sertain situation, but example how would you beat the time of back braking and bidding not to hight to get the job. Please positive responses only.

2. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried Vacuflow commercail grade?

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

In the areas where I can't blow the trimmings into the yard to mulch I will put down a tarp and let the trimmings drop on that.

4. greenScape09

greenScape09 LawnSite Member

we use the little wonder lear vac w/the hose attachment, when done trimming, run the hose vac over the bush/headge,once thats done, we shake the bush,heagde, (after we put a tarp under it) and vac that up, thats seems to work great for us.. sounds like a pain but pretty quik. other wise we hand pick everything out of the mulch

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

do they make little vacs just for picking up this type of debris?

6. greenScape09

greenScape09 LawnSite Member

not that i know of but i just use lw vac with hose attachment, billy goat has something similer,look into it ,its worth your time

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's just like when a customer asks me for the simple and easy way to do leaves :laugh:

There are but so many ways I know of doing it, but ain't none of them easy, unfortunately they all involve work.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

ok, so where do the trimmings go after theya re sucked into the vac hose for the lw blower? directly into a bag? a truck? not sure how this works totally

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

some of you may laugh, but this is the Fastest way I have found. It's old fashioned but works great for me. Go buy several of the plastic 30 gal trash bins with the square tops. The more square the top is, the better. Then grab a regular old lawn rake, lay the bin down on its side, and sweep the clippings straight into it. Then you can stack several in your truck or just empty it and get more. Works good. Good luck!!

10. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I lay old bed sheets down under every shrub I cut then take those sheets and dump them into a garbage can...continue process. No debris in mulch beds, etc. and the clean up part is already taken care of.