Fastrac Demo - Back is killing

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by deer66, Jul 24, 2004.

1. deer66

deer66 LawnSite Member

I brought home a Fastrac 18hp Honda with a 44 inch deck for a demo . I love the mower , but the ride was terrible ,my back is killing me today . Please tell me that the spring seat kit will help this .

I can't understand why they are making these mowers without some sort of spring suspension standard . Also I read somewhere on one of the mowerconsultant post that armrests are standard on the new seats , is this true because it also does not have armrests .

Thank You

Don

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FasTrak has a spring kit available for the seat, this would help your back on the rough ground.
    The FasTrak (not Mini FasTrak) now has armrests standard, this is on a grey colored seat, this is a change that has recently taken place.
    The black seat model FasTraks have a optional armrest kit that is easily installed.

Pj

3. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I have a Fastrak 20/52 with the seat spring. It does help a lot. I cut my yard (1.25 acres) and my father-in-laws (about 3.5 arces). His is rough in spots but I slow down and it works just fine. Most of the lawn can be cut at full speed.

Bottom line is all Fastraks should be sold with the seat springs. They make a big difference.

It is a great machine and I have NO regrets buying it......

Good Luck,
    Chuck

4. Dagoose

Dagoose LawnSite Member
    from NY

My back was hurting as well. The spring seat kit helped a bunch....so did letting air out of my tires. They were at 30psi!

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Even with a spring seat, this is why some of us choose a WB with a bullrider. Legs are made to take abuse, backs ain't.
    Also, some of us have smooth lawns where it just doesn't matter.
    Pete

6. Doc Pete

Please keep the comments coming. I've suggested putting the larger 20" tires on the fast track, which make a big difference, but Hustler still has a bit of "tunnel vision" (G).
    I've already done this mod and it works well. This mod raises the rear of the machine 3/4", but reajusting the deck height fixes the Pete

7. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

So I guess the Kit, Arm Rest FasTrak 784850 $87
    option I got on my new Hustler this spring is now standard. I guess it sometimes pays to wait.

8. Dagoose

Dagoose LawnSite Member
    from NY

Personally I'd opt for the seat spring kit over armrests as standard equipment.It's true, we do mow on different terrain. My yard is flat but when you're riding at top speed, it doesn't take much to get you bouncing.

Just out of curiosity, do you think the arm rests help? I don't have them, but at the same time don't feel I need them.

9. Doc Pete

The 20" tire upgrade (from 18") is under $80. Money well spent.
    Pete

10. deer66

deer66 LawnSite Member

Got my Fastrak today , had them put the spring seat kit and armrests on . What a difference the springs make !!!!! I think Hustler would sell more if the mader the springs standard especially to people like me (residential use) When I was looking I was looking for QUALITY and COMFORT !
    If I didnt know about this site and read about the spring seat kit I would never had bought the Hustler Fastrak.

Thanks for the help !

Don