Fastrack 36''

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BanvilleLawnCare, Sep 30, 2007.

1. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

My dealer has a fastrack 36'', with a 16hp Kohler Courage engine for $4000. Is this a good deal? Also, the Fastrack is considered a residential/ light commercial use mower. Next year I hope to do about 10 lawns that are all about 1/3 acre. Would the Fastrack be a smart buy or would I want to go full commercial?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That would be a 15 hp Kohler Courage engine.
    I would not suggest this unit for what your explaining here, I would step up to the Mini Z 36" if at all possible, it is a full commercial unit.
    You will get a commercial grade engine and commercial grade hydro drives in the Mini Z.

Pj

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

What if I opt for the honda engine? I will be mowing less than 3 acres a week with this mower. If you truly believe I need the mini-Z, how much more would I be paying (could you please give msrp for the 36'' with the various engine options). Thanks.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 16hp Honda will have a commercial 2 year warranty on the engine only, it is a commercial grade engine where the Kohler Courage is not.
    Mini Z 36 and 42 inch options are as follows.
    Pricing goes up November 1st, so this pricing is only good until then.
    Hustler Mini Z, 17HP Kawasaki KAI / 36" HMZ17KAW36A (928192) $5,499
    Hustler Mini Z, 19HP Kawasaki KAI / 42" HMZ19KAW42A (928200) $5,799
    These are full commercial units with full 2 year commercial warranties.

Pj