Fastrack 54 or Enforcer 54

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Buz, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Buz

Buz LawnSite Member

I am looking at these two different mowers, anyone got any pro's and cons about each. I know the Fastrack has the 4-yr warranty but what about quality and I know fastrack lists blade speed, but I can not find anything on the enforcer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    BUZ

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not to familiar with the Cub unit.
    But look at the Hustler closely....
    4 year warranty, lifetime on the frame and leading edge of the deck.
    Lower to the ground, better handling on slopes and in general.
    Premium engines and hydro's.
    Look at the construction of the unit welded heavy frame and deck, not bolted together in a million places....
    Integrated parking brakes, built into the control levers, a Hustler patent!!
    A proven track record in premium residential zero turn mowers.

Pj

3. Buz

Buz LawnSite Member

Can you tell me this, why does the Hustler Fastrack seem to have such small rear tires, maybe that is a good thing, I am not sure, also with the tread of the tires, do they have pretty good traction for slopes, and or dew or wet grass? Engine, what would you reccomend, the Honda? Kawi, or the Kohler? They say that the Fastrack is an entry level Commerical mower, is this correct? Thanks for all your help.

4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the opportunity, drive both models, and you will see and feel the differece.

5. Diamondjim

Diamondjim LawnSite Member

I looked at several before I made my choice. When you look close, there was no comparison, the Fastrak was heads above all the rest for a heavy duty residential grade mower. I would buy another in a minute if this one came up missing! Just my 2 cents. Diamondjim

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The smaller tires allow us to get the unit lower to the ground, better handling and slope performance are the results.
    The tread / model of the tire is excellent, it is the same as 90% of the mowers out there, a pretty popular tire design.
    As for traction on slopes with dew or wet grass, that is a tough question, how wet? how steep? ground conditions? rut's? you have to judge every mowing area individually for the safest operation.

Pj

7. Buz

Buz LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the great input everyone....

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem, let us know what you think after running the FasTrak.

Pj