Fastrack Belt? Issue

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by halftag, Sep 7, 2004.

1. halftag

halftag LawnSite Member

I now have 12.5 hours on my Fastrack 20/52. While mowing around a tree yesterday, a strange noise came from under the seat. Upon further investigation, I discovered the hydraulic drive belt slapping the frame? directly below the seat. It looks like either the belt stretched beyond the limits of the tensioner or the tensioner pulley spring has lost some of it's strength. The belt appears to be fine shape - no tears or strings. All the bearings and pulleys seem to be fine. It seems to make more noise making left turns and the left side tension pulley seems to flutter in lieu of being stable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any test or other places to look for a problem would be appreciated.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

With only 12.5 hours on your unit, you need to call your dealer and have him take a look at it.
    I am not aware of any reasons this would be happening.
    Your dealer needs to look at it and report any findings to the factory, so we can get you taken care of ASAP.

Pj

3. halftag

halftag LawnSite Member

Well, all makes sense now. Dennis from KEI came over to change the drive belt for the hydraulics drive motors. We figured this was the culprit since all the pulleys etc. were like new. We changed the belt - same condition exists. We then started looking very close at everything again. I noticed a brown spot between the pulley and the belt. The brown spot turned out to be a piece of wood mulch that I put around the trees. It must have got sucked up some how from the mower and got logged in the pulley making it have a bump. As such, with the chip removed everything is back to normal.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am glad they found the problem.

Pj