fastrack grease points.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tim10034, Feb 9, 2006.

1. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

i was wondering if the 52 fastrack has grease points on the spindles???if not how would u grease them or what is the maintenance procedure for them???

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The spindles on the FasTrak are sealed units, no greasing needed.
    They are a commercial spindle used by many companies today in this industry.
    No maintenance needed.
    The grease put in the sealed bearings is a high quality high temp grease, very long lasting.
    When washing your unit do not use high pressure washers anywhere near the spindles, this could force water past the seals and contaminate your bearings.

Pj

3. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

what about the z model mowers do they have grease points on their spindles?thanks

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes and no.
    The Mini Z and Super Mini Z series have the same spindles as the FasTrak and Mini FasTrak.
    The Hustler Z and Super Z series have a ductile cast iron spindle with sealed bearings, but do have a grease fitting, this is to lubricate the shaft assembly inside the housing, this design is one we have used for over 35 years.

5. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

Good points PJ,
    I recommend to all my dealers to tell customers if they must wash the deck and machine, wait till way after the spindels cool. When they are warm or hot after mowing and sprayed with water repeatedly, the cooling process the spindle goes thru makes it absorb moisture into the spindle. It is best just to blow it off and wait to clean on a day you have not used the machine.
    Rusty