FasTrack Lubrication

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DeltaTee, Apr 17, 2007.

1. DeltaTee

DeltaTee LawnSite Member

As a new owner of a FasTrack, I have been disappointed with the level of detail in the owner's manual. In the lubrication section it mentions which type of grease to use, but I missed the part where it told me where to put it.

I do see that the deck height pivots and gauge wheel bearings should be greased weekly/50 hours, but I'm not sure where that is. Was it listed somewhere else that I am just missing?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What model FasTrak do you have?
    In the owners manual there is a diagram that points out the maintenance points.
    The deck pivot grease fittings are under the frame on the pivot points above where your deck lift chains are.
    The wheel grease fittings are on the axle of the rim, the inner part behind the valve stem.

Pj

3. DeltaTee

DeltaTee LawnSite Member

I just got a FasTrack 20/52 (which just made short work of my yard). Much faster than the old push mowers.

Figure 4-10 on page 25 lists all of the maintenance points, doesn't mention anything about grease. Are they called something else?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are called zerk's.
    They are pointed out, items # 7 and 9.

Pj

5. DeltaTee

DeltaTee LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply.

I was just missing the connection between zerks and grease. Never heard of the word before.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Grease fitting... grease zerk.... same thing, called different names....
    No problem.

Pj