Fastrack questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by k-gull, Apr 20, 2005.

1. k-gull

k-gull LawnSite Member
    from OK

I'm looking at getting the 20HP/52" Fastrack and I have a couple of questions.

The dealer I talked to said he has a 20HP Honda and a 20HP Kohler with the 52" deck, and the Honda is $500 more. Does the Fastrack actually come with a Kohler and if it does is the Honda $500 better than the Kohler?

The 4 year warranty on the Fastrack is a full "bumper-to-bumper" warranty for 4 years? The dealers I talked to knew nothing about the 4 year warranty and stated that it only had a 2 year. I called the 800 number on the Hustler web site and the guy I talked to there said something about the engine having a 2 year warranty and that some other parts only had 3 year coverage for the labor. Could someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FasTrak has a 4 year warranty, it does not include the engine, we do not produce the engine, therefore the engine carries the warranty the engine mfg gives it, in our application the Honda has a 2 year and the Kohler has a 2 year if used for residential applications.

Here is excerpt from a memo to dealers about the warranty..

FasTrak

4 years limited residential warranty.

Engine warranties vary per manufacturer.

Also, 1-year or 400-hour commercial warranty (Hour meter required)

All other aspects of the warranty remain the same: lifetime on tractor frame and leading edge of the deck, 3-year limited warranty on front caster fork bearings and blade spindle bearings.

Yes the Honda engine is worth 500 more, it is a v-twin over head valve engine, and youÂ’re getting a commercial Honda engine not a residential grade.

The Kohler is a good engine also, it is a residential grade single cylinder engine, we offer this engine for a less expensive alternative for the budget minded buyer.
    Hope this helps.

Pj

3. ChrisW

ChrisW LawnSite Member

k-gull, Take a look at the Mini Z as well. My dealer offered it to me for $500 more and it is a commercial machine. I got the 52" deck and 19hp Kawasaki v-twin engine. It is a great ride and cuts perfect!

I had been looking at the fastrak as you are but could not pass up the deal I was offered.

Chris

4. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

you got a good deal.

I am looking at the 17hp/42" deck Mini FasTack for $3399. The 19hp/44" Kawasaki Mini Z is $5599.

Mike

5. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

the mft is a great little mower. i can mow 1.5 acres in about 1.25 hrs with a good bit of landscaping. if you have more grass i would suggest you go with a ft or a mini z. i bough my mft 17/42 for $3100. i love it and if you have been poking around this site for long you recognize that hustler is VERY serious about their customer support.

6. knightranger

knightranger LawnSite Member

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now and love this site. The way you guys talk about your profession makes me want to quit my office job and go pro! :waving:

I am new to the forum and am also considering the FT with 20 hp Honda and 52" deck. Best price I have found so far is $5k here in Tallahassee, Fl.

My main question is what are the limitations of the 4 year warranty. I have searched the Hustler site and the brochures and cannot locate the specific limitations. Could someone clarify this for me.

Thanks in advance.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me, and I can e-mail you the warranty statement.
    It is a great warranty, 4 years parts and labor.
    Of course the engine has the warranty provided by the engine mfg, which is 2 years for residential use.

Pj