Fastrack Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dwodrich, Mar 9, 2005.

1. dwodrich

dwodrich LawnSite Member

I considering the following:
    18hp Honda a/c gas with 52" Side Discharge Deck

for my 2 1/2 acre lot. It dosn't have much for hills and just a few trees to mow around.

How long do you think it will take me to mow it?

I also have a small fertilizer buggy and a small spike airiater. Can I pull them with the Fastrack? Does it even have a hitch?

Thanks for your help!
    Darrell

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You will have that lawn knocked out in about 1 to 1.5 hours, maybe better once your used to the mower and patterns you may use cutting your lawn.
    As far as towing your attachments behind the unit, if it is a "rolling" type unit, I don't believe you will have any problems, that is the reason we put the tow hitch on the unit.

Pj

3. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I also guess about 1 hour to cut. My understanding of towing with a Fastrak is it can tow safety tow 300 lbs minus the operators weight and these values are for fairly flat ground.
    Enjoy,
    Chuck

4. dwodrich

dwodrich LawnSite Member

I bought the 20HP 52" factrack. It will be deliverd tomarrow. Now I can't wait for the grass to grow.

Thanks for all the advice. In addition to the few questions I had, I browsed many of the other posts and unknowingly many of you have helped answer my questions.

Thanks,
    Darrell

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem.
    Welcome to the family!
    Post some pics of that new ride!

Pj

6. andygold

andygold LawnSite Member

300 lbs. minus the owner's weight? I'm just shy of 250. So that leaves me with about 50 lbs. of towing capacity. Not a lot left to pull an aerator or thatcher with some cinder blocks on top. What is the weak link in the sytem if I'm going to tow above the 300 lb. limit? Is it the pumps or frame or what? And if doing this maybe 6 times a season, am I stressing something possibly to the point of failure?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are not stressing the frame, I can tell you that, we give you a lifetime warranty on it, it is built strong enough for commercial use.
    We are going by what Hydro-Gear recommends within reason for towing capacity with there IZT hydros, in our application (there is a lot of steel in our unit compared to other mfg's using the same hydro's).
    You have to remember, these mowers are designed and sole main purpose is to mow grass, and do it very efficiently.
    We do put a tow hitch on the FasTrak, and I have yet to hear of someone having problems with a unit that was towing a lawn type rolling attachment (within reason, no boats, cars, trailers meant to be towed by cars or trucks).
    With that being said, if you stick to flat or close to flat lands, and do not over work the unit, or run it for huge amounts of time without stopping, and you keep the hydros from overheating, you will likely be ok.

Pj

8. dwodrich

dwodrich LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got to try it out last weekend. It put the fun back into cutting grass :cool2:

9. dwodrich

dwodrich LawnSite Member

Try this again.

100_2615 (Medium).JPG

100_2616 (Medium).JPG

10. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

Congrats, very nice. Which engine did you get? I see you mentioned looking at an 18hp, but it looks like it could be the 20hp.