Fastrack RPM

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sjz60, May 15, 2003.

1. sjz60

sjz60 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have the 20HP/52" cut really well from August on last year, but I have been struggling with it a bit this year. Lots of wet grass here in NJ this spring. I have been forced to double cut my lawn, due to a ton of clippings being left-and its bugging me!

I wanted to see if I could possibly increase the engine rpm to help out a bit. Right now wide open no load..engine is turning right around 3475-3500 rpm. Dealer mentioned to me that the engine was safe to up in the neighborhood of 4000.

Can I increase it safely? Will it help? I already dumped my gatorblades, and cleaned my deck..looking for other tweaks to help the cause.
  2. RichR

RichR LawnSite Member

If you are cutting wet grass that is really long....this will happen. All depends on the length of the cut with wet grass. There is a few areas on my property that are normally on the wet side.

If i let it grow too long.....i will get some bogging down in that area. But if i try to keep it at a certian length...its not bad at all. And i use gatorblades......the best i have found with this machine.

Sometimes its not possible to keep it cut and minimal I raise the deck and then double cut those areas in my yard. I also have the 20hp/52 fastrak. I am very very happy with the cut and performance of this machine with gators.....i have 3+ acres to cut every 4 to 7 days this time of year in MI.

If you have large areas of wet tall grass to cut......maybe you need a larger machine. Hope this helps you alittle.