Fastrack SD starter fuse?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by chaunceycb, Jun 22, 2012.

1. chaunceycb

chaunceycb LawnSite Member

What size fuse is used for the starter on the SD with the 26hp Kawa. engine?
    The reason for this question is I have been having problems with my mower with it rather frequently blowing the 10A fuse. When I took it in for the vent recall this week, the mechanic said it is suppose to have a 25A fuse. He also said they are shipped with a 10A fuse in place. This makes no sense to me. Why would it ship from the plant with the wrong fuse?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

WE ship them with 10amp on the starter circuit, it is not supposed to take a 25amp fuse, I am not sure where the dealer is getting this from.

3. mgreg40

mgreg40 LawnSite Member

My dealer had me up mine to a 15 amp fuse on the same unit. I Blew about 15 fuses over a 3month period before I went to 15 Amp

4. mrich1353

mrich1353 LawnSite Member

My 48" Fastrak Super Duty is tripping the 10AMP fuse by starter box, what could be causing this?
    I have the Kawasaki 24 hp engine and it is a 2011 model with @50 hrs.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your contact information, dealer information and model and serial #'s and I will get a regional service manager to look into this for you both.

Pj

6. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm having some problems with the fuse also, mine is not blowing its not getting a good connection or something. No start...take it out, not blown. In, out several times. Turn it around and starts up. Crazy! It left me stranded the first time it happened not know what was going on.
    2011 FasTrak SD 42"

7. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

I would look at corrosion in the fuse holder. Make sure it's clean and low resistance. If the problem acts up again I would get a resistance reading. If the ohms are off the charts I would replace the link.

Brian O

8. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thanks Brian, no corrosion so I will have my dealer check it out. Still under warranty.
    Billy

9. laramr

laramr LawnSite Member

Same problem here. Blew once last year. Popped in a new one and off I went. Just blew two in a row just now. I get a click and then it blows the 10 amp fuse. Down to one fuse left. Suggestions so I can cut tonight?

10. DJ660

DJ660 LawnSite Member

Install Hustler kit#107910 Starter assist kit. Your clicking, blown fuse issue WILL go away.