Fastrack towing

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Scott99, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Scott99

Scott99 LawnSite Member

mowerconsultant,

I saw the thread on towing for the mini z which is supposed to be 400lbs. I really would like the Mini but the Fastrack is much better suited to my financial needs and residential uses. My question is, what is the towing capacity for the Fastrack? I have a specific need for towing a 400lb lawn roller and a core aerator. If it will tow this amount what kind of affect will it have on the machine?

Scott

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are right at the max towing capacity with what your talking about.
    If your on flat ground, I do not think you will have a problem.
    Worst case scenario you will have to change the hydro fluid once every couple of years.
    The key is your using it for home use, not commercial, it will last you many many years.

Hope this helps

Pj

3. Scott99

Scott99 LawnSite Member

mowerconsultant,

Thanks for the response. Just to make sure, you are saying that the max tow is 400lbs for the Fastrack?

Scott

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sorry for the delay, I am traveling and have limited access to the internet this week.
    My colleagues at the factory pointed out to me that I was speaking of the Mini Z in my above post, sorry I was on a Mini Z state of mind...lol...lol...
    The FasTrak is rated for 300 lbs including the operator, you need to subtract your weight from the 300 lbs and that is what you can safely tow with the FasTrak.
    The statement in the above post holds true to the FasTrak also, keep the unit on flat ground while towing and you should have no problems.
    We do put a lot of steel in the unit and that is 1 of the reasons we have a lower tow rating on this unit compared to other brands that have thinner guage metal and a lot of plastic and fiberglass parts.
    If you can fit the Mini Z into your budget it would be best suited to your needs, it does have a heavier duty hydro system.

Pj

5. Scott99

Scott99 LawnSite Member

O.K. thanks, I thought you may have been thinking of the Mini. Anyway, you have answered my question.

Scott

6. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

hmm-was thinkin the FasTrak had a sealed hydro system in which the fluid could never be changed..??

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hydros in the FasTrak are made by Hydro Gear, they upgraded them, they now have a charge pump and a more open system which will allow for fluid changes and filter cleaning / replacement.

Pj

8. jdnixboe

jdnixboe LawnSite Member

I bought my Fastrak in April 2003, does it have the hydros that i can change the fluid? Thanks for all your help Mowerconsultant!

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

10. jdnixboe

jdnixboe LawnSite Member

PJ: I sent you an email today. Thanks for the help.