Fastrak 18/44 Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by deer66, Aug 1, 2004.

1. deer66

deer66 LawnSite Member

I just got my new Fastrak last week and I was wondering where you guys are getting your blades my dealer is kind of high .

Also it did not come with an hour meter , how hard is it to install one , I know nothing about them ?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hour meter installs in minutes, the mounting location is already laser cut and ready for you to "knock out" and install the meter.
    The wiring on the meter is ready to plug into the harness on the tractor, the connectors are already there.

Pj

3. fastrackguy

fastrackguy LawnSite Member

My dealer charges $ 8.00 each for hi-lift blades. My old dixon was $ 12.00 each.
    Fastrackguy

4. deer66

deer66 LawnSite Member

My dealer is wanting 13.95 each.

5. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

my blades were 8 bucks each then he marked them up 8 bucks each and then another 8 bucks each for shipping. and the mower takes 3 so it came to 72 dollars

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Suggested MSRP is exactly as it states, suggested.
    Several factors come into play on pricing, and you will find it varies in different parts of the country due to shipping costs and of course the cost of doing business in different states.
    I live in NY, and I can attest to the added costs of doing business here in NY, prices are higher and of course taxes are too.
    Being in Alaska, you are going to run into this more often than others in the lower states, due to the shipping factor alone.

Pj

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler blades are stronger and heated treated to a higher number than other blades. They hold an edge longer and don't bend like other blades when you hit something.

8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

the high lift blades are the best blades i have ever owned. They keep a sharp edge for atleast a month. And they are super thick.