Fastrak 20/52 seat spring

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cdolor, Jul 2, 2004.

1. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I just got a new 20/52 and had an hour meter, lights, and seat springs installed. First let me say I love this mower. I'm cutting about 4 - 5 acres per week and after this year will be down to just doing 3. It is simply the best mower I've ever owned.
    One question however:
    I have the seat spring slid back in the mounting track as far a possible (until it hits the rear of the front mounting slots on the mower) and the way I have to adust my control levers seems odd. In order to get full reverse (or even close to full reverse) they are adjusted so they lean far forward. This means while moving full speed forward I have to lean out pretty far to reach them. (hope this makes sense). Should I drill a couple of new mounting holes where the springs meet the mower to allow the seat to move back farther?

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thank you for buying a Hustler and welcome to the big Ole happy family !
    Drilling holes is an option, I would consider fine tuning the levers to a happy medium before I drilled holes to relocate the seat springs.

3. 696

696 LawnSite Member

I noticed the same thing with mine. You do get used to it so it's not that bad. Also make sure you seat isn't hitting your engine, I had to slide mine up 2 slots to keep it from rubbing.