Fastrak 20/52 vs JD Z445

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jblalock17, Mar 15, 2007.

1. jblalock17

jblalock17 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I am helping my brother decide between the FT 20/52 to the new Deere Z445. The z445 has larger tires, 25hp Kawi, 52" cut, sep pump and wheel motors. The JD is also about $600 less.

I own a FT 20/52, so i know that it is a good machine, but the new JD "appears" to be a little more for less $$$.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    JB

2. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Fastrak has 4 year warranty parts and labor*, 3 year warranty* on spindle bearings and front fork bearings, lifetime warranty* on leading edge of mowing deck, Honda V-twin Engine, fully welded and formed deck, more fuel capacity, and patented smooth-trak steering, patented parking brake, and lower seat height for better slope handling.

....just to name a few differences.

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

The Fastrak has the best, most responsive steering in the industry. It also has a fabricated deck with all the additional reinforcement on the front edge with 1/2" steel bar wrapped around the deck. Twice the warranty of the JD....

That stamped deck leaves alot to be desired.... the $600 is worth it for the warranty alone.... take a look at the front casters and the steel that mounts the deck to the frame....

Don't get caught in seperate pump and wheel motors.... both hydrostatic and sep pump and motors are hydro drive and according to the ground speed of the JD the pumps must be small like the hydrostats, so what advantage is gained with sep pumps and motors? having hoses and fittings to deal with!

Just my .02

4. homemower

homemower LawnSite Member
    from Ray,Mi

I also have a Fastrack Honda 20/52 and a JD 52 deck there is nothing better than JD's stamped deck cleans it's self you name it. Had the same qundiry 4 yrs. ago. For the $600. go for the Hustler they are the best when it comes to problems afterwards no-one beats those guys and I mean no-one 4 yrs later a seat problem came up and Hustler helped me out with the problem and made it go away. Try that with another Mfg. There may be better mowers out there but not the service. Look at the posts on this site and compare
    to any other site, that should tell all you need to know, If you should need FACTORY advise just ask on this site and you will recieve it quickly. Again try that with sombody else,not going to happen. Welcome him to the Hustler club