Fastrak 20/52 Won't Start (Just Clicks)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jdwhite86, Mar 4, 2011.

1. SRF34

SRF34 LawnSite Member

Let me hop on board as well. Mini Z, 19 Kawasaki, starter assist kit upgrade 2 seasons ago. Starting was intermittent but nothing now. Same symptoms as the other posters- clicking solenoid.

I have interchanged existing relays (but have not bought new ones), cleaned and brushed all terminals and connections on solenoid, battery and ignition, installed new battery with 300/350 crank amps. I can jump the solenoid and it starts immediately. Suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like a bad solenoid if it clicks and you can jump across the two big posts to crank the engine.

3. SRF34

SRF34 LawnSite Member

PJ

Do you have a part # or x-reference you can provide for the solenoid?

Thanks

Peter

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Part # 030817

5. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Then what if it doesn't shut off ? :laugh:

6. DeltaTee

DeltaTee LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the information posted in this forum--it has saved me $500+ (the cost that was quoted to me for a new starter). (I just wish I had searched for the problem sooner, so I wouldn't have had to gone through the past season of aggravation.)

Now for the finale piece of the puzzle: which relay is which? I swapped them so I know one of them is bad, but neither is labeled. Can I just pull one of the relays and see if it starts?

7. User Name Taken

I just changed this relay on my 2008 mini Z for the 3rd time. This time it had the same symptoms just hours after I replaced the solenoid. Dealer said I'd need this starter assist kit if the relay didnt fix it. What exactly is this? how much is it gonna cost me ?

8. User Name Taken

Assist kit didn't fix it either. This makes me so angry

9. User Name Taken

And like deltatree asked, I've swapped them all around but which one is it actually ?

10. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Have you installed the starter assist kit? this allows more juice to the starter. What is clicking the starter of the solenoid?

Brian O