1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak 20/52 Won't Start (Just Clicks)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jdwhite86, Mar 4, 2011.

1. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Yes. I thought it had fixed it but its worse than ever now. Every time you go to start it you just have to hold the key untill it desideds to engage and turn over.

2. User Name Taken

When it does click its the console I believe.

3. trucke

trucke LawnSite Member

I have starting issues with my 20/52 Fastrak too.
    1) I've checked all the lockouts, they are good
    2) battery cables are good
    3) rebuilt starter, which was good
    4) changed relays. When new relays are installed, mower will start after 5 or 6 clicks. Have replaced these 3 times now.
    No start issue persists. What next?

4. User Name Taken

What would be my next course of action ?

5. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

It allows more voltage to the solenoid.

Brian O

6. User Name Taken

What is 107910 ? I already have the assist kit and new solenoid installed.

7. User Name Taken

Well today I finished mowing and after I cleaned it off it wouldn't start then it wouldn't even trigger the batt light. Tapping the key switch with a hammer made the light come on and a few more taps made is start. Guess ill replace that and see if it corrects my problems. I'm doubtful but we'll see.

8. User Name Taken

Still no start, i'm about ready to pull this thing outside and burn it. Both the original relay and the starter assist relay click when I go from on to start but no starter engagement. Is the black unit the cables go to beside the motor (I assume its the starter solenoid) supposed to click when the starter is engaged?

9. Turning tall grass short

Turning tall grass short LawnSite Member

I would work backwards. you may have a dead spot on your starter. when this issue happens I would hot wire the starter to see if it spins. If it doesn't you have been working on the wrong end. In the old days when I turn the key in my van it wouldn't start, I would crawl under, smack the starter with a hammer and we were off and running.

TTGS

10. User Name Taken

I tried tapping it like you had to do the old starters. Guess my next step is clean all the grounds and do like you say and work back towards the panel