Fastrak 2052 vs Mini Z 19/52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by SRF34, Apr 8, 2006.

1. SRF34

SRF34 LawnSite Member

what are the key differences/advantages of the Mini Z 19KAW 52 compared to the Fastrak 2052? I am mowing an acre - residential use. Planning on keeping the machine "forever." How does the 19KAW stack up against the 20HON? If there was a comparison done before, my fault for not finding it. Just point to the link please. With the current promotions from Hustler, the Mini Z looks to be about $800 more. Worth it? Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Both are of the same deck design and similar frame design.
    The Mini Z uses a heavier duty hydro system, made for mowing all day every day, the FasTrak uses a hydro system meant for home use or light commercial use.
    Both have great engines, although the Mini Z uses a remote air filter system.
    Definitely worth it if you think you need it, for home use the FasTrak is a great choice.

3. ccins

ccins LawnSite Member

I just faced the same decision about 2 weeks ago. I bought the Mini Z for several reasons. The Mini Z is a true commercial mower. The frame is heavier, has two hydrolic pumps, larger tires, lift-up floor to access belt and is easy to sweep out. I think the Kawasaki has more torque than the Honda and I can tell you that it is plenty of motor for a 1 acre yard. My yard is about 1 acre and my in-laws, next door, is about 3/4/ acre. I have had a blast mowing with this mower. When comparing the two side by side I knew I wanted the Mini Z. The spring sale price of $5999 sealed the deal for me. That is $1500 off regular price. I simply felt that for about $800 more than the FastTrak I was getting a better value for my investment.

4. jeffack1

jeffack1 LawnSite Member
    from SC

I am doing the same comparison. I have about a 0.5 acre to mow and I will only be using the machine for my property.

I thought that I was sold on the 20/52 Fastrak, but I finally went to the dealer and took a look this machine sitting next to the 19/52 Mini Z, a regular Z and a Super Z. Now I am thinking the Mini Z is the right mower for me.

I know the 20/52 is enough for what I am going to use the mower for, but I felt the Mini Z was more comfortable. I also liked the bigger tires and the better hydros.

I am going to try to go by my dealer again this week and take a harder look.

Hopefully somebody that has used both of the mowers will comment.

Jeff

5. SRF34

SRF34 LawnSite Member

PJ:

I know the Fastrak has the 4 yr residential warranty . What is the residential warranty on the Mini Z? Will flex forks be available for the Fastrak? Do both machines use the same bagger and blower? Thanks.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini Z carries a 2 year warranty (commercial or residential), and of course lifetime on the frame, leading edge of the deck and against hydraulic leaks.
    Flex Forks will be available in the next month or so for Mini's and FasTraks.
    Yes, the rear catcher is the same for the FasTrak and Mini Z / Super Mini Z.

7. jeffack1

jeffack1 LawnSite Member
    from SC

I finally decided on the 52"/23HP mini z. My business partner (who needed a mower also) and I decided to stop by the dealer on Tuesday to look at the mowers. My partner is 6'-2" and when he go on the Fastrak he looked like an adult riding a kids bike.

Needless to say, our decision was made and we now have two brand new 52"/23HP Mini Z's. We are hopefully going to pick them up today once the dealer finishes putting the mulch kits on.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!!!
    Welcome to the family!!!
    You both are going to love those mowers.

9. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I found the MFT for 3800 and change and I went from 1.5hrs of puhing to about 30 to about 35 minutes. The MZ might have a better cut, I'm not sure. But if people chime in and sat it's about the same, you can save a bunch more $$$.