Fastrak as a 1st Com'l mower

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turf-R-Us, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Turf-R-Us

Turf-R-Us LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Hello, first post from a newbie:

I'm insterested in starting a one-man, part-time lawncare bus. I've decided to start with residential and small commercial, and I;ve been trying to decide on afirst mower. I have a couple of residential 21" WB's, but that won't cut it for reaching rhe production levels I hope to achieve. I can only invest about 12-15 hours per week in this venture, and I'm not looking to expand past a one-man operation.

Looking for equipment suggestions. I like the Fastback 18/44". I know its not a full on com'l machine, but it looks to be good quality and seems like it might hold up well to the 350 hours of annual expected usage. I've also considered a Wright Stander, which will likely cost me another $500-$1000 extra. Other ZTR's will cost even more.

Recommendations? Any one use the Fastback in light duty commercial? Anyone seen over 1,000 hours use from one of these units?

2. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

i recommend you buy my 2004 fastrak 44" 18hp honda w/vac bagger, striping kit, arm rests, extra blades, and only 165 hours, looks brand new. For 4,000 with out shipping.
    907-373-5404. It's a great machine for part time and full time operation on residential lawns.

james

3. lawnrangeralaska

Hello I have one 2004 hustler fastrak that I'd sell. It has the 44" deck and 18 Honda, striping kit, arm rests and vacuum bagger, looks brand new and have spare blades. Unit has only 165 hours. I used it my second year in the business and i love that machine. It will cut alot of grass even though it mows around 8 mph.

4. lawnrangeralaska

turn on your message abilities, i wanna pm you.

5. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

Where were you when I was looking to buy one. I love the 44" machine!

Mike

6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We have a client who cuts 56 lawns a week with his FasTrak (20/52). He's had very little trouble with the unit. I'm amazed how much grass one of these machines can cut.