Fastrak Drifts to left, Levers full forward!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Vetteman38, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Vetteman38

Vetteman38 LawnSite Member

I have a 2003 Fastrak 52/20. My problem is when both control levers full forward it drifts to the left. I correct this by moving right lever back a Little.
    My tire pressure is fine. Ground surface makes no difference.
    In the manual there is Control lever Neutral adjustment and steering dampener neutral return adjustment procedure. But no full forward travel adjustment procedure. Does anyone know of correct way to this?

Thanks,
    Vetteman38

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have you had the unit back to your dealer ?
    It can be a bit tricky getting the tracking straight initially, these were taken care of the dealer when the unit is set up.

E-mail me with your info and model and serial #, there is something I want to check into.

Pj

3. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

I've got the same issue with my super mini but it goes to the right....it seems as if the left side handle is just plain more sensitive all thru the range cause I usually have to keep the right one in one place and play with the left one while cutting to keep it going straight. The dealer already checked it out, adjusted the rods and can find nothing wrong....any suggestions?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Tire pressure, and tire diameter need to be checked.
    If those work out and the linkage is ok, then he may need to do a pressure test on the pumps.
    Let me know if any of this has been checked.

Pj

5. 411craig

411craig LawnSite Member

Okay, my Fastrack drifts slightly, checked air pressure but haven't checked the tire diameters yet. Also I notice that it goes quite a bit faster in reverse it seems. The unit is a year old and I owned it since it was new. It has always seemed faster in reverse but did not look too much into it. The linkage at the pumps is moving to it's max position forward and reverse. It is almost like I can pull the handles back further than I can push them forward. The neutral adjust seems fine, that is handles in neutral and able to be put into the parking slots the tractor does not move. Just looking for some ideas.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like a linkage adjustment is called for here.
    Your owners manual goes into good detail on the adjustment procedure, or your dealer can take care of it also.

Pj

7. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

OK...I'm gonna check the tire pressures in the next couple days...its a low hours unit so I doubt there is any difference in tire size. The whole left handle is just plain "more sensitive".....