1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak drive levers

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by captn, Jun 18, 2008.

1. captn

captn LawnSite Member

I bought an 07 Fastrak 52" deck with the Honda engine this spring and everything is working fine. I particularly like the way it handles slopes. My neighbor has a new Exmark, and doesn't dare go into our front ditch like I can with the Hustler.

The only issue I have is the the drive levers overlap at the middle so when I'm navigating a yard, it's realllly clumsy when one lever becomes an obstacle to the other when moving to a zero turn postion.

I don't see an adjustment on the pivot rods, and don't see any reference to this in the owners manual.

Without cutting a 1/2 inch off each lever to seperate them at the middle, what can I do?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Don't cut them.
    Put them in the park position and put enough pressure on them and push them outward, they will flex enough to make a difference.

3. captn

captn LawnSite Member

You know, I was going to try that but didn't want to get all "cave man" on the thing.

I assume from your comment there is no adjustment. I'll pry 'em down a bit and let you know how it went.

My dealer didn't know squat about the machine either. You guys need to spend some time with them.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are correct, there is not a wrench and socket type adjustment for what we are talking about here.
  5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you sure its not just the rubber grips that have slid off making the handles hit. Happened to me before!
  6. captn

captn LawnSite Member

The grip sleeves are fine, the bars actually overlap.

I put a little body weight on it and it worked fine. Nothing broken and had the desired effect.

Thanks for the help....

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very good.
    Easy adjustment...
  8. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Who is your dealer? We have signed up many new dealers within the last few months---some who may have never sold or seen your model.

Please let me know and we will educate your local dealer on your model and models like it.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have this happen alot actuauly on everything we sell. I think I have come up with the reason. Some people get off and use that for a cane to push off all thier weight on. :nono: This bends the arm down esp when you get a guy with a little bit of top weight on him. But PJ is right just bend em back and your good to go.
  10. captn

captn LawnSite Member

Well, the machine was delivered with the lever issue this spring, and I didn't want to break it.

My dealer is Countryside Lawn in Orland Park, IL. They are about 30 miles southwest of Chicago. They gave me a deal I couldn't refuse.

My Hustler was the first one they assembled and sold........I was thinking I would go to Nick over at Patton in New Lenox, IL. to see if he could recomend another dealer for service.