FasTrak engine access panel problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Rog, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

I have a two-year old 18/44 FasTrak. My problem is that both of the lugs that allow the engine access panel and seat assembly to swivel up have cracked and seperated. The only thing now holding the seat on the mower is the two rear bolts. It appears that this is a design flaw. Not enough material was allowed for the stress and vibration at these swivel points. Has anyone else seen this on their FastTraks. Inspect these swivel points for cracks and seperation. Is this covered in the frame warranty?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

While this is certainly not normal, I have seen it on occasion.
    Bring it to your dealers attention and we will get it taken care of.

Pj

3. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

Does that mean it is taken care of under warranty or will I need to buy a new seat support/engine access panel?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We will take care of this for you, you are still within your warranty period.
    E-mail me if you have any questions, I am going to be on the road the rest of the day.

Pj

5. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

PJ - I'm wondering if I can have panel shipped to my house. I can send a pic which will show the failure for verification. Also, I was wondering if I could also have a heat sheild for my fastrak shipped as well. I've been wanting to get this fixed for a while. I would like to take care of either one of these items and it would be simple for me to install. It is a hassel for me to get it to my dealer and would be much easier for me to take care of it myself. What do you think? I thought I sent you an email with this same info in it last week I guess it didn't go through?

Thanks much for you assistance - Rog

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The warranty work has to be done by the dealer.
    I don't have a e-mail from you, that I can find at least, what date and time did you send it?
    I get over 50 a day from LawnSite, so I may have it hear and don't see it?? but I seem to recall reading one about this..... but I cant find it....