FasTrak Floorboard: An Essential Structure?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wrightg4, Apr 19, 2004.

1. wrightg4

wrightg4 LawnSite Member

The answer to this question may have to be provided by the Hustler engineering staff, but how essential is the floorboard to the stiffness and integrity of the mower frame?

What I'm wondering is about replacing the four bolts which hold it in place with "wing nuts" which can be loosened by hand, so the floorboard can be easily removed for cleaning the top of the mower deck below it. Or even adding hinges to the front edge of the floorboard so it can be tilted forward and out of the way like the seat platrform.

If I were to make the modifications (after the warranty expires, of course) would I decrease the stiffness of the mower frame to the point where it might become misaligned or break a weld?

What do you think?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We use fasteners on the floorboard due to the CPSC and there regulations, I do not recommend making any changes in this setup for safety reasons.
    Although the FasTrak frame is as stout as our commercial units, we have to use the fasteners we do, due to regulations.

Pj

3. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

You also mentioned the seat platform hinges. During operation, the FasTrak's seat platform should be firmly bolted in the rear. The hinges were not intended to be the seat platform's only supports and are likely to be damaged.