Fastrak & Gatemaster

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Envy Lawn Service, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

First, is the Fastrak considered a commercial machine? How reliable are the Honda engines.

Is the Gate Master going to be availible with a stand & sit sulky? Are walkbehinds with sulkys safe and practical if you mow lots of hilly terrain and change directions every week?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FasTrak is a non-commercial unit, it is made for the homeowner.
    The Honda engine on it is commercial.
    We have had no issues with the Honda's that I am personaly aware of.

The GateMaster will like all other wb's have the ability to mount a aftermarket stand on type sulky.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. Envy Lawn Service

What exactly is the difference. It must be something major to warrent an $1,800 price difference between it and the Mini Z. E-mail price quotes were $4,399 & $6,199 I think. I have no close dealer, so you are a big help to me, Thanks!

4. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

One major difference between the FasTrak and the Mini Z: the Mini Z uses individual pumps and wheel motors and a common hydraulic reservoir while the FasTrak uses 2 Agri-Gear IZT transmissions.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Oh, I see said the blind man!:rolleyes: I guess I may as well be ready to fork out atleast $6,000+ for a decent ZTR aye?

I know I sound like a a tightwad. I just like paying cash! I hate payments and interest :mad: I'm afriad I won't be able to turn loose of that much cash before next season.